"Customers are responding to the distinctive styling of our products and the great value that they provide," said MMNA CEO Hiroshi Harunari. "We are building on the momentum provided by the launch of our all-new Mitsubishi Outlander crossover SUV. And in March, we started to see the effects of the roll-out of our all-new fuel-efficient Mitsubishi Lancer sedan. We are looking forward to a tremendous full month of sales for this vehicle in April."
Mitsubishi Lancer sales for the month were 1,895, up 40.2% compared to last March.
Other March sales highlights:
- Mitsubishi Outlander closed at 2,364 units up 20.9% from last month's volume and up 146.3% from last year's volume. It was the best month for Mitsubishi Outlander in more than three years.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse was the volume leader at 2,613, up 5.1% from last year's volume.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder sales were 1,302, an increase of 283% compared to March 2006.
- Mitsubishi Endeavor sales were 1,384, up 7.3% from March 2006.
* -- the DSR increase for March was 17.9%, with 28 selling days in 2007, and 27 selling days in 2006.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, marketing, research and development operations of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in the United States. Mitsubishi Motors sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of approximately 520 dealers.
Source: Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.