Taking its performance to a new level, Jaguar has engineered the stunning 2007 Jaguar XKR to exceed the high demands that consumers rightly expect from a supercharged Jaguar sports car. Complete with advanced aluminum chassis, sophisticated transmission and enhanced sporting exterior and interior styling cues, the all-new 2007 Jaguar XKR Coupe will be priced from $86,500 (USD) and the 2007 Jaguar XKR Convertible will be offered from $92,500 (USD). (Prices include destination and delivery charges.)
"The 2007 Jaguar XKR Coupe and Convertible are sensational cars to drive that define the road," says Mike O'Driscoll, president of Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover. "With a 420bhp supercharged AJ-V8 engine under its hood, the 2007 Jaguar XKR provides those who have an affinity for power and luxury with the combination of exhilaration and refinement."
An available Luxury Package offers soft-grain leather, leather-trimmed instrument panel and 16-way power seats with adjustable bolsters. A Premium Sound Package with an eight-speaker, 525-watt surround sound Alpine Premium Dolby ProLogic(R) II system with SIRIUS Satellite Radio* and an Advanced Technology Package, which includes Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Front Lighting, will be offered for both Coupe and Convertible models.
Building on the excellence of the 2007 Jaguar XKs introduced in 2005, the 2007 Jaguar XKR is the epitome of a contemporary sports car and perfectly illustrates Jaguar's philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars. It combines beauty with power, and style with dynamism to deliver a world-class performance automobile.
All-new 2007 Jaguar XKR At-A-Glance Highlights:
* New supercharged Jaguar XK sports car -- the XKR, available as a Coupe or Convertible
* All the attractions and attributes of the XK, but amplified in the 'R' to complement the extra power and performance
* 4.2-liter, supercharged V8 engine developing 420bhp and 413 lb.-ft. (560Nm) of torque
* 0-60mph acceleration in 4.9 seconds and 155mph (electronically limited) top speed
* All-aluminum construction means a lighter, stiffer vehicle, which improves handling and agility
* Uprated springs and dampers, and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) system for enhanced ride and handling
* Class-leading six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles for ultra-quick gear shifts in milliseconds
* Active Exhaust System to ensure cruising speed refinement, but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
* Subtle XKR exterior styling enhancements include a sportier grille and front bumper design, vented hood, unique aluminum-effect side power vents and new wheel designs
* Enhanced interior includes unique aluminum 'weave' design on the fascia (polished burl walnut is optional at no extra cost) and XKR sports seats
* Intuitive controls and driver-focused technologies are available -- including Keyless Entry, Keyless Start, advanced Touchscreen and Active Front Lighting
2007 MSRP PRICING AND STANDARD FEATURES XKR COUPE $86,500 (includes destination and delivery charges) XKR CONVERTIBLE $92,500 (includes destination and delivery charges) KEY STANDARD FEATURES * Supercharged 4.2-liter, 420bhp AJ-V8 engine * 19-inch Jupiter-style alloy wheels * Dynamic Stability Control with Trac DSC traction control system * Four-channel ABS, Electronic Brakes Force Distribution, and Hydraulic Brake Assist * Performance brakes with black brake calipers with 'R' logo * Fully active exhaust * Adaptive Front Lighting * 'R' sports seats with added lateral support * 'R' badging on headrests, tachometer, steering wheel and gear selector 2007 XKR PACKAGES AND OPTIONS LUXURY PACKAGE (available on XK) $3,300 * 19-inch Carelia-style wheels * Soft-grain leather interior * Leather-trimmed instrument panel, doors and center console * 16-way power-adjustable seats * Heated wood/leather-trimmed steering wheel * Wood/leather-trimmed gearshift knob LUXURY PACKAGE (available on XKR) $2,100 * Soft-grain leather interior * Leather-trimmed instrument panel * 16-way power seats with adjustable bolsters ALUMINUM LUXURY PACKAGE (special order option on XK) $8,125 * 20-inch Senta-style wheels * Dimpled aluminum trim * Soft-grain leather interior * Leather-trimmed instrument panel * 16-way power adjustable seats PREMIUM SOUND PACKAGE (available across the range) $1,875 * Eight-speaker, 525-watt Alpine Premium Sound System with Dolby II ProLogic(R) surround sound * SIRIUS Satellite Radio* (subscription not included) ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE (available on XK) $2,500 * Adaptive Cruise Control * Adaptive Front Lighting INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS Radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control (XKR) $2,200 19-inch Carelia-style wheels (XK) $1,200 20-inch Senta-style wheels (across the range) $5,000 20-inch Cremona-style wheels (XKR) $5,000 Poplar veneer finish No Cost Option Burl Walnut veneer finish No Cost Option Special order non-standard paint, interior trim, convertible top $1,000
From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar Cars has grown to become one of the world's premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and with that, one of the most recognized commercial brands. The company's vision is simple: To produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates two manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programs, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motorsports.
* Not available in Canada
Source: Jaguar North America