The 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer is based on the performance-engineered global platform that also forms the foundation of the Mitsubishi Outlander SUV . Lancer DE and ES models are powered by a 2.0-liter 152 hp aluminum DOHC MIVEC 4-cylinder engine (143 hp PZEV in Calif.) teamed to either a 5-speed manual transmission or available continuously variable transmission (CVT).
New for 2009, the GTS model receives a more powerful 2.4-liter 168hp aluminum DOHC MIVEC 4-cylinder engine. When equipped with the CVT, the Lancer GTS exclusively features a 6-step Sportronic mode using magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters.
The Lancer ES projects a refined appearance with 5-spoke 16-in. alloy wheels, color-keyed door handles and mirrors and a chrome grille surround. The GTS has more aggressive styling, with 18-in. alloy wheels, front and side air dams, fog lights, a rear spoiler and a chrome tailpipe tip. The GTS features sport-tuned suspension, larger disc brakes.
Each Lancer model is distinguished by its own distinct seating materials and interior trim. Clean, crisp surfaces and high-quality materials characterize the Lancer's interior. For 2009, the GTS is equipped with standard high-contrast meters to enhance its upscale, sporty feel.
Standard safety features for all Lancer models include an advanced dual front air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with occupant sensors, standard front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side curtain air bags, a driver's knee air bag, plus a tire pressure monitor system. The ES and GTS models add a standard anti-lock braking system ( ABS ) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), which is available for the DE.
For 2009, the FAST Key (Freehand Advanced Security Transmitter) entry system is now included in the optional Sun and Sound Package available for the ES and GTS. FAST Key allows the driver to unlock the vehicle simply by having the remote in a pocket or purse and grasping the handle on either of the front doors. The package also includes a 650-Watt (max.), Rockford-Fosgate Premium Audio system plus a power glass sunroof and SIRIUS Satellite Radio with 6- month pre-paid subscription.
The GTS features a standard Bluetooth wireless technology cell phone interface system with voice recognition for hands-free calling (available for the ES). The GTS is exclusively available with the optional navigation system that includes a 30-gigabyte hard drive navigation system with digital music server and Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System.
Wheelbase: 103.7 in.
Length: 180.0 in.
Height: 58.7 in.
Width: 69.4 in.
Curb weight range: 2,922 lbs. (DE w/ 5-speed) to 3,109 lbs. (GTS w/ CVT)
Major Standard Features (DE)
* 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with digital signal processing, MP3 playback capability and four speakers
* 16-inch steel wheels with full cover
* Adjustable rear head restraints (x3)
* Anti-theft engine immobilizer
* Auto-off halogen headlamps with DRLs
* Dual-stage front air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, curtain side air bags, driver's knee air bag, and front seat mounted side-impact air bags
* Power windows and folding side view mirrors
* RISE chassis construction
* Tilt-adjustable steering column
* Trunk lid inner trim
ES model adds:
* 16-inch alloy wheels
* 60:40 split folding rear seat with folding armrest and cupholders
* Air conditioning with micron cabin air filtration
* Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with electronic brake distribution (EBD)
* Anti-theft security alarm system
* Center floor console box with armrest
* Chrome grille, color-keyed outer door handles and side view mirrors
* Floor mats
* Front map lamps
* Height-adjustable driver's seat
* Power locks with remote keyless entry system
* Rear seat heater floor ducts
* Steering wheel cell phone ready pre-wire switch
* MP3/auxiliary stereo input jack
* Steering wheel illuminated cruise and audio control switches
GTS models add over ES:
* 18-inch alloy wheels
* 6-speaker audio system
* Automatic climate control system
* Chrome exhaust finisher
* Chrome-plated inner door levers
* Fog lights
* Front and side air dams
* Hands-free Bluetooth cellular phone interface system with voice recognition
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
* Rear spoiler
* Sport bucket seats (front)
* Sportronic magnesium steering wheel shifter paddles (with optional continuously variable transmission)
* Sport-tuned suspension including front strut tower brace
* A/C & Power Package (DE): air conditioning, anti-lock brake system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), power door locks and driver's window auto-up function, remote keyless entry.
* Sport Package (ES): Large rear spoiler, front and side air dams, fog lights, chrome exhaust finisher, leather-wrapped steering wheel.
* Sun & Sound Package (ES and GTS): 650-Watt (max.) Rockford-Fosgate Premium Audio system with PUNCH control; 6CD/MP3 in-dash changer; FAST Key entry system; power glass sunroof with sunshade and SIRIUS Satellite Radio with 6-month pre-paid service subscription.
* Navigation & Technology Package (GTS): FAST Key entry system; Hard Disk Drive (30GB) satellite GPS navigation system with 7-inch touch panel and Diamond Lane Guidance System (exclusive entry/exit Carpool/HOV routing), digital music server and single-disc player and Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System.
Additional images from the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 2.4 :
Additional images from the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart :
Additional images from the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback :